Day 3 of 52 (September 8, 2021)
Here we go, have you been here before? You determine to make a change, to develop a new habit, and Day 1 you are all excited and stick to the plan. Day 2, the excitement from Day 1 carries you over to some degree. But by Day 3 . . . It has got to be something worth sticking with.
As you read Chapter 2 of Nehemiah do you see the opposition? Do you see the naysayers? Before Nehemiah even gets to Jerusalem there are those that are “disturbed” by his plan to even care about the welfare of the children of Israel. Before the work on the wall even begins Nehemiah and the people are accused of rebellion, laughed at, and despised. Nothing worth having comes easy, we need to be a people of earnest and fervent prayer. It is our lifeline!
- What is God revealing to you that needs to be rebuilt, restored, or renewed? Continue praying through these concerns.
- We will be in chapter 2 Sunday, so continue to read over that chapter, but keep reading ahead, study the story, ask questions, talk about it with your family and with others.
- Warning: Be careful not to let the slew of names you will find in chapter 3, 7, & 12 deter you from pushing forward. Think about why God determined to have the names listed in several places throughout the book?
- We will work through Chapters 3 & 4 together so you may want to read them that way.
- Testimony: I want to share a couple things I am already grateful for in this journey. One, my burden and desire for prayer has noticeably increased. My mind and heart are more focused on God and seek His face than on any circumstances. Two, I love the praises the Lord is granting outside of my prayer requests. In the last 24 hours I have been encouraged by a lady scheduling her baptism for Sunday, a guest sharing how excited she is for her family to get involved at East, and a mom sharing with my wife that her child is ready to accept Jesus! We serve an amazing God!
If you have questions you want to ask or testimony you want to share I would love to hear it. You can email me at email@example.com or text/call at 337 424 8407. I will not share what you share with me without your permission.
Have a marvelous Wednesday!