Day 2 of 52 (September 7, 2021)
We are on day 2 of a 52-day journey to desperately seek the Lord for specific requests. Remember Nehemiah in Chapter 1 how he grieved upon hearing about the condition of Jerusalem and his people. He fasted and prayed diligently for days and as we will find out, for months. Do we care enough about specific needs to take time to pray and beg the Lord to move? When was the last time you were brought to tears over the desperateness of a situation? I truly believe God will hear and respond to the cries of His people as we seek Him together.
Again a reminder of steps to take:
- If you have not done so already write down your prayer requests
- Make them specific (So you know when God answers)
- Some of them can be small things that matter but make at least a couple of them big requests that would have life changing impact
- Make at least a couple of the requests people you want to be saved.
- Ask others how you can be praying for them in this season.
- Pray over these everyday
- Pray over them personally. Pray over them with your spouse and with your family.
- Share them with a close friend or two and pray together, praying for each other’s request.
- Confess any known sin so that your prayers are not hindered (Isaiah 59:1–2; James 5:13–18)
- Read through Nehemiah 2 this week several times and ask God what He wants to teach you personally as we walk through this journey.
If you have questions you want to ask or a testimony you want to share, I would love to hear it. You can email (firstname.lastname@example.org), text, or call (337-424-8407) to share with me!
Have a great Tuesday!