Nehemiah Journey: Day 24 of 52 (September 29, 2021
Sorry for the absence of blog posts for the last couple of days. Honestly it has been a rough week. There has been a head cold going around and I seemed to have caught it. Caleb had it earlier and we had him tested before returning to school and it seems to be just a common cold. Imagine that!
He felt better Monday and I started feeling bad Monday night. Earlier Monday morning we got an update on our insurance claim. Let’s just say we have work to do before it is all settled and that had me a little discouraged. Then I received the heartbreaking news that a young 20-year-old we had prayed for as a church passed away with complications from COVID. I will share with you that one of my specific requests in my 52-day prayer journey was this young lady would be healed physically and restored to her husband and her family.
What did I learn from this event?
- Buildings certainly don’t seem to matter all that much
- God is God and I am not
- There are still things I do not understand but I trust His ways
- God is on His throne, He has a plan, and Jesus is coming back!
- Pray today for the families who have lost loved ones in the past few weeks and others who have loved ones fighting for their lives.
- Pray for our nation, that God would turn our hearts and eyes toward Him.
- Pray for God’s bride, the church that we would respond rightly in this season to the world and to one another.
- Pray for a Spiritual Awakening in these dark days many would hear and respond to the glorious, good news that Jesus died for their sins, was buried, and resurrected from the grave. This great gospel makes it possible for all to have victory through Him over sin, death, and the grave and overcome the great sorrows of this world!